Please note we now have a brand new website with new images and some special offers!
Please click on the following link to take you there … www.altonalbanyfarm.com
Otherwise feel free to read on and enjoy our blog …
All are welcome to our home, Alton Albany Farm B&B. A comfortable and spacious riverside farmhouse in the quiet and picturesque Stinchar Valley, it is only a short walk from the pretty conservation village of Barr. I’m Alasdair and I was brought up in the Scottish Highlands, I’ll make sure there is a log fire burning in the grate and there will be a tray of tea or coffee with cakes ready and waiting for your arrival.
We have been inspected by Sawdays and are proud to be an accredited member
We also have some glowing reviews on Tripadvisor – do take a look
Some information about our farm house below, but if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact Alasdair Currie on Telephone 44 (0) 1465 861148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The main B&B area is set in the Georgian side of the house with tall ceilings and plenty of ambient light. At our Bed & Breakfast well behaved children and dogs are welcome. There is even an adjoining riverside field for stick throwing and ballgames.
- NEW ! Limited mobility We have one bedroom with ensuite shower room accessible without steps.
- The beautiful Stinchar River runs along the edge of the grounds and a burn runs through our orchard. Our house is set in a footprint of 2 acres and our gardens are an enthusiastic ‘work in progress’. We have magnificent borrowed views and we were recently featured in the Guardian top 12 UK Wild Garden B&Bs.
- The breakfast menu offers a Traditional Scottish Breakfast with locally sourced sausages and bacon or even a slice of haggis if you wish. Alternatively, you can try our Contemporary Irish Breakfast with home made multigrain soda bread, Irish sausages, scrambled eggs and rocket. We welcome vegetarians and those with other special dietary requirements or allergies and will very happily offer alternatives if requested. Please let us know.
- We offer a dining /drawing room with a log fire, plenty of books, card and board games to while away the evenings. There’s also a large screen for watching DVDs if you prefer.
- We have free wifi available in every room.
- The Village Pub is just seven minutes walk and often offers real ales on tap. We can easily be reached by car within and hour an a half drive from Glasgow or from the South don’t miss the drive through the glorious Galloway Forest.
- There is ample rambling or hill walking, mountain biking, cycling, fishing and bird watching all within easy reach of the village.
- The Barr Village Post Office & Community Store has papers, hot and cold snacks, great coffee to go. Cyclists are welcome and mountain bikes are also available to rent from the village for just a small donation to the village community fund.
- Beaches nearby have stunning views to Ailsa Craig, Arran, Mull of Kintyre and even Northern Ireland
- The Galloway Forest Park, the first Dark Sky Park in the UK and one of the best places for stargazing in the world is also close by.
Contact Alasdair Currie on 44 (0) 1465 861148 or email email@example.com